1. Put weight down on your bad leg, not much, but plant it down firmly
2. Try to walk with an equal pace length between each stride
3. Don't put too much weight on your crutches - your shoulders and hands will ache after a while
4. Don't try and use them without your arms in the restraint, sounds obvious but I keep trying this and falling over
5. Don't wack you wife or other close family with them, they'll get wicked off. Strangers will be OK though as it's not PC to abuse someone with crutches.
[Please don't treat what I have said above as intelligent advice as I don't have any Professional Indemnity Insurance! (E&O for Americans)]
I'm getting my plasters and clips off tomorrow by the Practice Nurse in our local surgery - I'm quite looking forward to seeing how things look under there.
I have 2 questions though:
Why do I already have in my possession (given before leaving hospital) the tool that the nurse will use tomorrow to remove my staples? Should I have been trusted with this?
And will they deaden the area where the clips are before they rip them out?
I'll get back with the answers to these questions tomorrow.
I've just nipped off to get the clip removal device to show you. Here it is below:
And now a close up of the business end:
Haha, it looks like a bird coming to peck my clips off.
And, when I turn over the bird, look what it says! Staples they are then.



No comments:
Post a Comment
Please slap in a comment in here. Go on do it...