Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Day 8 - appointment frenzy!

I have some admin to deal with today - 3 appointments following my surgery. One with the Physio, one with the Nurse to remove the staples holding my wounds shut and one with the surgeon to review how things are going. This all amounts to 2 days off work!


The pic below is the back of my leg, the bruising is from where the surgeon removed the hamstring tendon.


I am getting marginally less pain today when I stand up to walk but I've noticed that I can't stand still or my leg throbs; I have to keep walking. So, if I'm going to make a cup of tea, I have to pour the hot water in, then walk to the front door and back, then stir the tea, then walk to the front door and back, then walk to the fridge and put the milk by the tea, then walk to the front door again an so on it goes. Well, after the amount of chocolate (I have my Mum to thank for that) that I've been eating, this exercise, as little as it is, is very welcome. I'm attributing the reduced pain to the icing that I've been doing. I may to try the ice on my gut to see if that shrinks too.


I have worked from home today for the first time since the surgery. So that I could get some work done I've only had 1 codeine tablet. Well, work was a struggle and 1 tablet can't be to blame. I guess a week away from the real world sets you back a bit.


For the techies out there, using Safari or Dolphin browsers on an iPad to manage your blog is not possible. It only seems to work properly using Chrome, or probably IE on a laptop. Touch and gesture based UIs don't really cut it yet for web apps.


Google updated Google+ today, it looks pretty good, the ware on FaceBook is notching up. Anyway, back to the subject, today was a good day, recovery wise and I'm looking forward to doing some more exercises and icing before bed. Oh, and maybe a beer (lo cal obv!).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please slap in a comment in here. Go on do it...